Rebecca Strauss is an agent at DeFiore and Co. and focuses on literary and commercial fiction, women's fiction, fantasy, science fiction, romance, mystery, YA, pop culture and select non-fiction. In all genres, she's looking for a compelling story and fresh voice. She's especially interested in emerging writers and developing long term relationships
Before joining DeFiore and Co., Rebecca was at McIntosh and Otis for seven years where she was an agent and Director of Subsidiary Rights. Prior to M&O, she was a foreign rights associate at Trident Media Group, and a book scout and development assistant at Sony Pictures. She's originally from Chapel Hill, North Carolina and earned her degree in English Literature from Duke University.
You can follow Rebecca on Twitter at www.twitter.com/rebeccaliterary.
- Lola Dodge (TEMPTRESS and IVORY)
- Alyssa Goodnight (AUSTENTATIOUS and AUSTENSIBLY ORDINARY)
- Merry Jones (SUMMER SESSION, Harper Jennings series)
- Nicole Peeler (TEMPEST RISING, Jane True series)
- Abigail Sharpe (WHO WANTS TO MARRY A COWBOY? and WHO WANTS TO MARRY A DOCTOR?)
- Jaye Wells (DIRTY MAGIC, Prospero’s War series)
- Beth Cato (THE CLOCKWORK DAGGER)
How to Submit to Rebecca Strauss:
Please email her at Rebecca@defioreandco.com with a brief query letter containing information on your book, your bio and the first five pages in the body of the email. Please include the word “query” and your book title in the subject line.